Book Review: Cocky Roommate by Claire Kingsley

Cocky Roommate

Author: Claire Kingsley
Series: Book Boyfriends, book 2
Publisher: ?? (june 27, 2017)
eBook, 278 pages
Goodreads     Amazon (available on Kindle Unlimited)

Summary
This roommate thing was a terrible idea.

Kendra is a messy-haired, pajama-pants-wearing little ball of sass. The first thing she does is try to make friends with my random from the night before—giving her all sorts of bad ideas.

I don’t date. I don’t use words like girlfriend, or I’ll text you later. F*ck that. Relationships aren’t for me. I’ll give a woman a night she won’t forget, but once it’s over, I’m out. 

I keep people at a distance, and I have my reasons. But Kendra starts getting under my skin. And when my life crashes and burns—literally—Kendra is the only person I can count on. 

I’m not built for relationships, and Kendra is not a one night stand. But living with this girl sleeping one room away might just be the thing that kills me.




Rating: 4 stars
Review
I'm basically just on board for this whole series. I liked the first and second book so much that I finished this one and immediately jumped into the third book, Hot Single Dad, despite not really liking the single dad trope.

While book one in the series was a friends to lovers and mistaken identities trope (my catnip!), this second book in the series is a hate to love and roommate/forced proximity romance. There is even a conversation between Kendra and Mia about the three types of asshole guys (in romance novels) and why they're assholes, and which type of asshole-hero Weston most likely is. As a romance reader myself, I just can't even get enough of Kendra and Mia (and Alex too) - they're just hilarious. Weston is also really endearing, because he comes off as a major asshole but (like Kendra and Mia surmise) he has hidden depths and really is just a Mr. Darcy character type. (I tend to much rather go for the Henry Tilney type myself, but Claire Kingsley really sells me on the whole Darcy thing with Weston.) I really love how Weston goes through so much personal growth throughout this book, especially the realization that women are (*gasp!*) real human people (like he's going to judge Kendra for lounging around in her pajama pants when he hangs out in his underwear all the time!)

Plus, the chemistry between Kendra and Weston is AMAZING. Like wow. Add in that this is a close-proximity slow burn and *swoon*. Pretty sure I read this one in a span of a day, because I was just unable to put it down until I'd finished the entire book.

This is the second book in the Book Boyfriends series, and while it can be read as a stand alone there are spoilers for the first book in the series, Book Boyfriend. Also, Mia and Alex (the MCs from book one) come back and play a role as side characters in this one (and are hilarious), and it's worth reading the series in order (though you don't HAVE to, but you're going to love this one so much you go back and read the first book anyway...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...