Discussion #24in48 Readathon


I was originally going to do another installment of Project: Re-Shelf Yourself today about how to decide which books to weed out, but with all the stuff about Marie Kondo's methods on Twitter and Instagram and in the blogosphere this past week or so I just couldn't stomach it. Maybe next week. INSTEAD, today I'm going to gush about how excited I am for the #24in48 Readathon next weekend!

"What's the #24in48 Readathon?" you ask! WELL! 
#24in48 Readathon is a readathon the takes place over two days, and in that two day span you try to read for 24 hours (thus, #24in48). This year it takes place on January 26-27, 2019, and I'm going up to my best bookish bud Ariel (aka Peekaboo)'s house to spend a glorious weekend reading with her and our pal Annie. (These are also the amazing women I'm going to KissCon with in April!) I'm extra excited to do #24in48 because I'm going to be missing the spring session of Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon this year because it will fall on that same Saturday as KissCon. :/ 

I'm still trying to decide exactly how I'll track my hours for #24in48. On their page one of the ways they suggest is using the stopwatch on your phone, and that seems like a great idea! That way when I need to take a break I can just hit stop and them resume. I'm a little scared I'll accidentally hit reset though! Ari and I also have MEGA BIG PLANS to hit up the YMCA in her neighborhood for WATER YOGA on Saturday morning (that is apparently a thing!!) and also a water dance fitness class called "WAVE" on Sunday morning. It should be tons of fun! I'm heading up to her place on Friday night so we can cozy in - and get some meal-prep done so we don't need to take time away from reading to cook all weekend! 

Here's my #24in48 TBR!


Do you participate in any readathons? What are your faves? Are you planning to do #24in48? If so, are you planning to track your hours (and how??)

4 comments:

  1. I did this readathon last year and failed, but I’m going to do it again this year. I always use the stopwatch on my phone for readathons. It works well, as long as I remember to stop and start it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no failing, there is only fun! OK, so not remembering to stop and start your stopwatch sounds like a bit of a fail, lol.

      Delete
  2. I love that you're doing this with a friend - how fun! And water yoga sounds fantastic; I hope it's enjoyable. Good luck!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water yoga sounds SO WEIRD - I can't wait. :) I love doing readathons with Ari - she's a blast. She even made a pinterest board so we can plan food ideas!! :)

      Delete

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...