March TBR


This month I tried to get a mix of ARCs and backlist books... though it's rather ARC heavy. I'm also focusing on filling some gaps for authors I haven't read yet that will be at KissCon Weekend Affair on April 5-7! I've noted below where I link to the Goodreads page for each of the books which are KissCon authors. ♥ Also some of them I've read books by before and ADORE (like Cat Sebastian) but I happen to have an upcoming ARC by them, so I'm moving said ARC to the front of my TBR queue for March so I can have a book by said author super-fresh in my mind when I meet them to squee over and pee my pants about, haha.


  • The Scoundrel in her Bed by Lorraine Heath 
    • KissCon author
  • Rebel by Beverly Jenkins
    • KissCon author, and new to me author! I own quite a few of Beverly Jenkins' backlist books and just haven't made the time to read them, so I'm knocking this DRC out before KissCon, and hopefully it will send me down the rabbit hole to read all of her backlist, haha. 
  • Can't Escape Love by Alyssa Cole 
    • KissCon author, a fave author & series, and one of my most anticipated books of the spring!
  • A Scandalous Deal by Joanna Shupe 
    • KissCon author
  • A Duke in Disguise by Cat Sebastian 
    • KissCon author, and one of my all-time FAVORITE authors!
  • The Right Swipe by Alisha Rai
    • KissCon author, and I was so exicted to get this DRC that I emitted a high-pitched squealing teapot noise. This book doesn't release until July, but I'm using the fact that Alisha Rai is going to be at KissCon as an excuse to move it to my March TBR and read it ahead of some other books that I probably "should" read first because I really just can't wait to read it, haha. 
  • Lady Derring Takes a Lover by Julie Anne Long
    • Eloisa James' Facebook group had a book release party for this one the other day with Julie Anne Long, and she shared some excerpt and MAN, I can't wait to read this. From the excerpts, it's going to be amaaaaaazing. Plus, Lenora Bell, one of MY favorite authors, said that Julie is one of her favorite authors. Julie is a new author to me, so I'm excited to read my first book by her!
  • The Vanisher's Palace by Aliette de Bodard
    • I got this egalley a while ago and was super jazzed to read it, and have heard really great things, but I just never got around to actually READING it, which is awful. Going to knock out this past-due DRC this month
  • The Princess of Baker Street by Mia Kerick
    • Another past due DRC, I read a couple of excerpts for this one and it looks just so cute and amazing. It's just that once that ARCs/DRCs/egalleys/whatchacallums get to be past due, there are more and more new books to focus on. I want to make sure I don't lose sight of this one, so I put it squarely on my March TBR!
  • Snow White with the Red Hair by Sorata Akizuki
    • It's been a long while since I read any manga, so it's about time I did a deep dive... Will this get me hooked again? WHO KNOWS!
  • The Bird King by G. Willow Wilson
    • This is actually the only book on this list that I have a physical copy of... The rest are going to be giving my Kindle a workout! This will be a nice change of pace to read a book made from trees!
  • Keep Christianity Weird: Embracing the Discipline of Being Different by Michael Frost
    • This is either going to be really good, or awful. We'll see! The premise seems like it's about Jesus being all about hangout about with prostitutes and the poor, and not being up his own butt and holier-than-thou (even though he actually was and is holier than thou) and how we, as Christians, should emulate that. Again... we'll see. 
  • Craftfulness: Mend Yourself by Making Things
    • I'm trying to read more nonfic this year, and I'm not gonna lie, these two are the shortest nonfic titles on my ARC list... LOL I'm interesting to see if blogging counts as "making things"?


3 comments:

  1. That's great you're trying to read as many authors that will be at KissCon as you can. I hope you have an awesome reading month.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Can't Escape Love, and it was great. Reggie and Gus were fabulous, and the premise was fun. I am excited about The Right Swipe. Can't wait to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the diversity on your TBR!!

    ReplyDelete

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...