Book Review: Pisces Hooks Taurus by Anyta Sunday

Pisces Hooks Taurus

Author: Anyta Sunday
Series: Signs of Love, book 4
Publisher: ? (October 14, 2018)
Kindle edition, 288 pages
Goodreads     |     Amazon

Summary
It’s a time for searching, and a time for finding, Pisces: keep casting your line and you will hook what you’re looking for.

Zane has it all planned out: land the perfect Meet Cute, fall in love, and live happily ever after.
Should be simple enough if he put his mind to it. A little creativity and some thinking outside of the box, and voila, he’d be married to the woman of his dreams.
It would be perfect.
And it would be before his visa ran out.

But why are his feelings running wild now that the pressure’s on? Why is his picture-perfect plan turning into a muddled mess of morphed metaphors he can’t make sense of anymore?

Just as well he’s met an English professor to help. And even though their first meet is anything but cute, this down-to-earth teacher may just be the realist Zane needs to ground him and give him a shot at love after all.

Don’t cast your line too wide, Pisces. Your perfect catch may already have bitten.

~ - ~ - ~

Pisces Hooks Taurus (Signs of Love #4) is an MM opposites-attract romantic comedy featuring an unapologetic romantic and a broken realist.
More wit, banter and bad puns - and even more heart-stopping slow burn!
Can be read as a standalone.
 




Rating: 3.5 stars
Review
I always find myself wishing for the POV of the other lead character in the books in this series. They're told in the third person limited POV, so in this case we get an inside look into Zane's thoughts and feelings and perceptions - and boy, he is NOT very perceptive. (Poor Beckett.) I literally groaned aloud at several places in this book and cried out "Zaaaane, whyyyyy?! Whyyyy are you so dumb, nooooooooooo....." And I don't mean book-smarts, Zane. 

Still, despite him basically being a big dopey overeager puppy, I fell totally in love with Zane, and with Beckett too. (Oh man, how could you not love Beckett?) Their dynamic is just too cute, and they compliment each other so beautifully - which is exactly what I'm looking for in an opposites attract type of story. Both men also go through a huge amount of personal growth throughout the story, which is amazing to see, and I love that the resolution is realistic but still wonderful (which is all I'm going to say to keep this review spoiler free!) 

I did drop ONE WHOLE STAR OFF for whatever the heck game they were playing at the bar, because those are not synonyms. I'm not sure what the heck game that was supposed to be, but that wasn't even punning? I did spend a fair amount of time while reading this book shaking my kindle and yelling "that's not what a synonym is!" There are a lot of puns (like, A LOT) which I loved, but CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED. 

This is the fourth book in the Signs of Love series, but each of the books can be read as a stand alone (or in any order). The MC's from one of the other books in the series does make a cameo in this series, but there are no spoilers for their book in this one.

3 comments:

  1. I still need to read this series, and I want to start in order, but it's good to know you CAN read out of order if you like. I'm glad you mostly liked this one!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leo Loves Aries is book one, but Scorpio Hates Virgo (the second book) was DEFINITELY my favorite book of the series for sure :)

      Delete

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...