#ARCtober - PREPARE YOURSELF for an ARC reading challenge


I was so inspired by Octavia over at Read.Sleep.Repeat when she did her #ARCAugust reading challenge, and I got so many ARCs knocked out on my TBR. I was randomly whining on Twitter about how I need another challenge like this when my bestest book buddy Peekaboo (aka @booksandsass) said "Dude, let's do our own #ARCtober."

AND SO #ARCtober IS BORN!

Come back for more info about rules and stuff on Oct 1. But there will be a readathon (or two? I'm still figuring it out?) and ARC bingo and probably a Goodreads group, and also PRIZES. But I need to make some graphics and a bingo card and some plans and things. There will be at least 1 international winner (anywhere Book Depository ships) and 1 US winner who will get a book of their choice up to $20 value - more to come with how to win. ;)

Special thanks to Octavia (@ReadSleepRepeat) for having the original ARC reading challenge and inspiring this and to Peekaboo (@BooksAndSass) for making me realize I don't need to rely on anyone else to host a challenge and can DO IT MYSELF and drag the internet kicking and screaming with me! (OK, I realize it will probably be me and, like, 4 people, but still.)

I love reading challenges, and find they help me get through book on my TBR (especially those past due ARCs, which if you've been keeping up with my discussion posts I'm very cognizant of right now...) What do you think of reading challenges? Do you love them? Hate them? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...