Can't Wait Wednesday: I Believe in a Thing Called Love and My Lady's Choosing

I have some books I'm super excited about, and it just so happens to be Wednesday, so I thought I'd do a Can't Wait Wednesday post!

There are two books I have been hearing more and more about, and I can NOT wait to read them! Luckily, they're both in at my local library, so I have big plans to swing by on my way home from work and pick them up.

I Believe in a Thing Called Love

by Maurene Goo
Goodreads  Amazon
Summary: Desi Lee believes anything is possible if you have a plan. That’s how she became student body president. Varsity soccer star. And it’s how she’ll get into Stanford. But—she’s never had a boyfriend. In fact, she’s a disaster in romance, a clumsy, stammering humiliation magnet whose botched attempts at flirting have become legendary with her friends. So when the hottest human specimen to have ever lived walks into her life one day, Desi decides to tackle her flirting failures with the same zest she’s applied to everything else in her life. She finds guidance in the Korean dramas her father has been obsessively watching for years—where the hapless heroine always seems to end up in the arms of her true love by episode ten. It’s a simple formula, and Desi is a quick study. Armed with her “K Drama Steps to True Love,” Desi goes after the moody, elusive artist Luca Drakos—and boat rescues, love triangles, and staged car crashes ensue. But when the fun and games turn to true feels, Desi finds out that real love is about way more than just drama.  

Why I can't wait: It's a book about K-Dramas, you guys! Give me K-Dramas in more mediums, yesss, preshus. *grabby hands*



My Lady's Choosing: An Interactive Romance Novel

by Kitty Curran and Larissa Zageris
Goodreads  Amazon
Summary: The romance novel that lets you pick your path, follow your heart, and find happily ever after.

You are the plucky but penniless heroine in the center of eighteenth-century society, courtship season has begun, and your future is at hand. Will you flip forward fetchingly to find love with the bantering baronet Sir Benedict Granville? Or turn the page to true love with the hardworking, horse-loving highlander Captain Angus McTaggart? Or perhaps race through the chapters chasing a good (and arousing) man gone mad, bad, and scandalous to know, Lord Garraway Craven? Or read on recklessly and take to the Continent as the “traveling companion” of the spirited and adventuresome Lady Evangeline? Or yet some other intriguing fate? Make choices, turn pages, and discover all the daring delights of the multiple (and intertwining!) storylines. And in every path you pick, beguiling illustrations bring all the lust and love to life.


Why I can't wait: It's a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Regency romance novel. Um, what's not to love? Also, I love that there's a female option for your love interest!

Have you read either of these books? What did you think? And most importantly: which one should I read first?!

10 comments:

  1. I have BOTH of these on my tbr, and I really want to read them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the covers for both of these, and the first one is definitely going on my tbr. Thanks for sharing!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always happy to make others' TBR lists as unreasonable and unwieldy as my own! ;) Haha

      Delete
  3. Oooh! Both books sound awesome! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These memes or tags or whatever they're called are so dangerous for my TBR... LOL

      Delete
  4. I Believe In A Thing Called Love sounds fun, and using K- dramas as a guide to winning the guy? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about halfway through and it's SO GREAT. If I weren't already married, I'd totally use her K-Drama guide to winning the guy. :)

      Delete
  5. Awww hahahaha your enthusiasm is so catching! I admit that choose your own adventure romance is pretty neat as premises go... And YES to more books with k-drama culture! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Believe in a Thing Called Love was SO GOOD!!!! I still haven't read My Lady's Choosing... oops.

      Delete

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...