Down the TBR Hole #5

Another installment of the meme (challenge?) from Lisa at Lost in a Story.

So as of Down the TBR Hole #4, by To Read shelf was sitting at 1,727.
Of course, I can't help but add new books to my to read list, so today my starting number is ... 1,704? ...Well huh. That's odd. I was sure it was going to be HIGHER, not lower, because I know I added more books...

Ah well, best not to look a gift horse in the mouth, eh? Here we go. (We're at April 13, 2010, btw - in case you are curious when I added these!)

Beauty by Sheri S. Tepper
I think I started trying to read this once and gave up because there are so many things going on and it's pretty convoluted. Letting this one go, but I think they're a physical copy buried somewhere in my stacks so maybe I'll run across it again someday.
Decision: Go

Briar Rose by Jane Yolen
OK, I need o keep this one. Stop judging me.
Decision: Keep

Brisingamen by Diana L. Paxson
This one was written in 1986! That's almost as old as I am, haha. After reading (rereading? because I must have read it before?) the description, I don't know that I'm interested in this much anymore.
Decision: Go

Fitcher's Brides by Gregory Frost
Letting this one go, but again, I'm pretty sure I have a physical copy lurking around my house somewhere that I may stumble across again someday.
Decision: Go

How to Spin Gold: A Woman's Tale by Elizabeth Cunningham
Apparently told from Rumplestiltskin's point of view... Oh yeah, and Rumple is a woman.
Decision: Keep

Lady of Sherwood by Jennifer Roberson
This is #2 in a series, so I'm booting it. Will re-add if/when I ever read the first book and if it's any good!
Decision: Go

Lady of the Forest by Jennifer Roberson
Oh, here we go! Sherwood #1. I'll keep this one, it still looks interesting to me.
Decision:

Maid Marian by Elsa Watson
Eh... I just kept Lady of the Forest, so I suppose one story about Maid Marian is probably enough. ...For now.
Decision: Go

Midnight Never Come (Onyx Court #1) by Marie Brennan
A secret Faerie England hidden in the catacombs underneath Elizabethan England? Sounds pretty cool.
Decision: Keep

Over Sea, Under Stone (The Dark Is Rising #1) by Susan Cooper
Urgh, meh.
Decision: Go

Kept: 4
Eliminated: 6
New Total: 1,698

Hey! I did good this time! Let's keep it going, shall we? Express style. Going to try to get through the rest of the books I added on April 13, 2010, LOL. Looks like I went on an adding frenzy!!

Kept: 10
Twice Upon a Time edited by Denise Little
White as Snow by Tanith Lee
Snow White and Rose Red by Patricia C. Wrede
The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye by A.S. Byatt
The King of Elfland's Daughter by Lord Dunsany
The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood
The Shadow of the Bear (A Fairy Tale Retold #1) by Regina Doman
Aurelie: A Faerie Tale by Heather Tomlinson
Troll's Eye View: A Book of Villainous Tales edited by Ellen Datlow and Terry Windling
Glass Slipp, Gold Sandal: A Worldwide Cinderella by Paul Fleischman


Eliminated: 8
Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell
Black Swan, White Raven edited by Ellen Datlow (I think I have ALL of these anthologies on my to read. I'm just going to remove them and will read them as I read them, when I'm in the rare mood for short stories)
Snow, Glass, Apples by Neil Gaiman
The Swan Maiden by Jules Watson
Sirena by Donna Jo Napoli
The Faery Reel: Tales from the Twilight Realm edited by Ellen Datlow and Terry Windling
The Forever King by Molly Cochran and Warren Murphy
The Mermaid Bride and other Orkney Folk Tales by Tom Muir

NEW New Total: 1,690

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate you posting your reasoning behind this. It's very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...