Book Review: The Troll Whisperer (The Troll Whisperer #1) by Sera Trevor

Book Review: The Troll Whisperer (The Troll Whisperer #1) by Sera Trevor

Rating: 5 Stars
 
Summary: Oscar Lozada is repulsive, and he likes it that way. His apartment is always a wreck, he works at a sewage plant, and he’s an abrasive jerk to just about everyone. When he's not out drinking and hooking up with strangers, he trolls people on the Internet for lulz. His life changes when he finds out a victim of his trolling lives right next door. Noah is super hot and disarmingly nice. In spite of himself, Oscar starts to fall for him. All he has to do is make sure Noah never discovers the truth behind his trollish ways.
*****
This book was written in collaboration with the Goodreads M/M Romance Group's annual Don't Read in the Closet story event. All proceeds will be donated to The San Diego Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Center.



Review: I smiled like a doofus and also teared up a bit (ok, ok, I teared up twice...) It takes real talent to take a character as unlikeable as Oscar and make the reader really care about him, root for him, like him, and even cry for him. The description of why Oscar does what he does makes me think of a cutter trying to cut away their pain...

I really liked the Odd Couple vibe they had going on, and actually liked the character Oscar a lot more than Felix Noah in the end. I've seen an ASMR video or two and it doesn't float my boat personally, but I think it's cool how Sera Trevor incorporated something that has a big sub-community on YouTube into her book. I had to rate this 5 stars because I do love me some misfits, and I also love a good redemption story.

2 comments:

  1. Is this worth the read if I need emotionally light and fluffy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a little dark, so maybe not if what you need is emotionally light and fluffy. If you need a good redemption story, though, this is the one!

      Delete

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...