Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag (Spoiler: I'm Naughty)

Auburn @ Blunt Book Blog posted this Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag as the Day 5 of her Holiday Advent Calendar, and it looked so fun that I had to do it too. ♥ Be sure to check out Auburn's Holiday Advent Calendar for the rest of the amazing content on the other days!!

We can thank Jenniely for this Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag - thanks Janniely!

Rules 
Tag & link the person who tagged you
Tag and link Jenniely's Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag
Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
Tag another 10 people!

If you’ve not been tagged, go ahead and do it anyway!


✔ Received an ARC and not reviewed it
I'm at somewhere over 50 ARCs that are "past due" so I feel like I should get 50 check marks for this...

_ Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
Despite how many past due ARCs I have, I have a LOT turned in as well, so I'm actually at 77%!! Not quite at that mythical 80%, but close...

 Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
And they probably never will come... Sometimes you just gotta let it go.

_ Folded down the page of a book
I'm much more the find a scrap of paper or a receipt to stick in there type of person.

✔ Accidentally spilled on a book
If you haven't, then you're probably not optimizing your time and getting the most reading for your buck! Where's the "dropped a book in the bathtub" option? LOL

✔ DNF a book this year
I don't even consider this to be naughty. Life's too short to read bad books.

✔ Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
Uh, yup. I mean, I collect different editions of Sense & Sensibility but always read the same beat up edition, so I'll never read the ones I buy just for their pretty covers... So does that count?

✔ Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
Heh.

✔ Skim read a book
I'm doing this with one of the books I'm currently reading, because I'm trying hard not to DNF it but it's going to end up being a 1 or 2 star read. It's pretty much the only way I'm going to get through it without DNFing...

_ Completely missed your Goodreads goal
Not this year! I actually increased it once already and am on track to meet (or exceed) the increased goal. *superhero pose*

✔ Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
I mean, it got there EVENTUALLY. But there were a lot of late fees. Like... a lot. (We are just talking THIS YEAR, right?)

_ Broke a book buying ban
Only because I no longer set myself book buying bans...

✔ Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
See the "Let It Go" response above, LOL

_ Wrote in a book you were reading
Why would you do this? Maybe if it was a textbook or something? ...No, still, whyyyy would you do this?

_ Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
Not this year! I at least mark it as "Read" and give it a rating (or mark it "DNF"), otherwise I might not remember I read it and will pick it up and read it again and get halfway through and go "Wait a minute... I've been here before..."

✔ Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
I mean, I'll return it once I've read it... Which just might take me a few years...

_ Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
You can absolutely borrow a book! ...Just so long as I've already read it first.

_ Broke the spine of someone else’s book
I am a breaker of spines, I will admit, but I am careful with the books of others.

_ Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
No, I take the jacket off and put it somewhere safe. Somewhere so safe that I never find it again.

✔ Sat on a book accidentally
Can anyone honestly say they haven't? Come on.


Total: 11/20
There's no rating scale, so I'm not sure how naughty that makes me! 55% Naughty?
That seems like Gaston levels of Naughty.


I tag:

Peekaboo @ Bookquarium
AJ @ Read All the Things!
Sam @ We Live and Breathe Books
Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight
Lauren @ Shooting Stars Mag
Sam @ Sharing Inspired Kreations
Lattes, Lipstick & Literature

4 comments:

  1. Hah! Fun tag, and thanks for tagging me. I've definitely dog-eared books before, but it's been a really long time so probably not this year. I'm also just really bad at reviewing books ON Goodreads, so I don't say review to come...I just say I've read it (and usually rate it unless I just have no clue lol). And I do write in books. I know, gasp! LOL I got into it years ago because people I knew from online would read a book and 'mark it up' with their thoughts and comments and then gift them to each other, so I have a few from friends, and then I've done this myself for other people, usually my sister.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOOOOO! Even reading a book on Kindle and seeing that X # of people have highlighted a section makes me a little batty, LOL. For me, it pulls me out of the full immersive experience of reading a book and makes me remember that I am in a body and holding a book, and not, like, actually IN the book-universe. ...Perhaps this makes me strange, that I forget reality exists while reading (but only when the book is REALLY GOOD.) Having other people's thoughts and comments marking up the pages would keep jolting me back to reality, and that is horrifying to me. In my head I get how it would be a great way to share a book and reading experience with friends. But deep in my soul it basically looks like the Edvard Munch painting The Scream every time someone talks about doing this!! LOL

      Delete
  2. I always love this tag. I'm pretty sure I'd come up naughty too. Oh well, what can you do?

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, all you can do is embrace your naughtiness. ;)

      Delete

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...