Classics Spin #16 - Emma by Jane Austen

Classics Spin #16 - Emma by Jane Austen



On November 12, I posted about doing the Classics Spin #16, hosted by The Classics Club. They spun the wheel of excitement and so I'm reading #4 from my list, which happens to be Emma by Jane Austen.

I'm really pleased with the results of the Classics Spin. There were a few books on my list that I was going to be in trouble if I needed to finish them over the course of the next month, but Emma will be a re-read for me (even though it's been a really long time since I read it last). It helps that it's a shorter book by an author whose works I'm familiar with, so it should be an easy, pleasurable read for me. I look forward to reading this novel with new eyes since it's been so very long since I read it last. I honestly couldn't pin down how long ago I read it, but it's been at least five years and likely closer to ten...


I took advantage of the Classics Spin choice to buy myself the fancy version of Emma from Penguin's Clothbound Classics series. I have copies of Mansfield Park and Pride and Prejudice from this series in beautiful clothbound hardback, and I hope to have the whole collection someday. I'm getting there slowly but surely.

Check back on December 31 for my review of Emma!

1 comment:

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...