Monthly Wrap-Up: July 2018

2018 Reading Challenge




Books read in July: 12

Books read in 2018: 109/150

I had been tracking the children's books ARCs I'd been reading all year, and decided I didn't like counting children's books in my number of books read. SO! Edited my dates read in Goodreads to get an accurate snapshot of how many middle-grade and above books I've read this year. ;)


#RippedBodiceBingo


The Ripped Bodice's 2nd Annual Summer Romance Bingo runs from June 1 to August 31

Each square represents a book you've read this summer, and you fill in the square with the title & author once you've met the criteria. To get a bingo you need to get 5 in a row (vertical or horizontal) and for each row you complete you can enter to win prizes at https://www.therippedbodicela.com/bingo



My progress for July: 9

    • Damsel in Distress: Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn (read 7.1)
    • Fairy Tale Retelling: Beast by Lisa Jensen (read 7.13)
    • Queer Historical: A Gentleman Never Keeps Score (read 7.14)
    • Tech in the Big City: Status Update by Annabeth Albert (read 7.20)
    • Book That is Now A Movie: Matchmaker's Playbook by Rachel Van Dyken (read 7.22)
    • Heroine's Eyes are Described Using the Ocean: The Princess Bride (the good parts version) (read 7.24)
    • Fashionista: Born to Be Wilde by Eloisa James (read 7.24)
    • Extreme Location: Duke By Default by Alyssa Cole (read 7.31)
    • Firefighter: Under Control by Shannon Stacey (read/marked DNF 7.31)
Total: 17/25



#LetsDiscuss2018




Progress in July: 2
Total Progress: 16/21


#2018BeatTheBacklist



hosted by Novel Knight

Progress in June: 0

  • Technically I've read a lot of backlist books, just not books from my Book Mountain, which is the special rules I'd set myself. I can still get some of my books I own read... I just need to stop requesting ARCs, ahhhh!
Total Progress: 5/20


#2018AtoZChallenge




Progress in July: 0

Total Progress: 21/26



Letters remaining: K, Q, V, X, Z


#12Months24Covers


hosted by The Hufflepuff Basement group on Goodreads

Progress in July: 
  • Water - Born to  Be Wilde by Eloisa James
  • Stairs - I HAD ONE PLANNED FOR THIS AND EVERYTHING. Oh well. 


 Total Progress: 8/24

6 comments:

  1. I don’t count picture books toward my goal. It feels like cheating. Great job with your challenges! I hope you’re having a good August.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It DOES feel like cheating!! Plus, I had to keep changing my goal of total books read higher and higher. I don't count them for any of my other challenges, so I decided not to count them as part of my total books read. (Which is a pity, or I'd be DONE with the dang alphabet challenge by now... LOL)

      Delete
  2. I don't include picture books in my total for reading either but that's about it - I'll put anything else on there (graphic novels, novellas, etc.) Great job on all you've read so far this year though. That's still a lot!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Novellas and graphic novels TOTALLY count, lol

      Delete
  3. The Ripped Bodice bingo is one of the best things I have ever seen. I love to do book bingo just for fun, and this one is all romance. SQUEE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE IT! Some of the categories are really hard, though, like "Carriage Sex" or "Here Smells Like MAN" where you don't know if a book will have it in there until you've actually read that bit.

      Delete

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...