Down the TBR Hole #6



Another installment of the meme (challenge?) from Lisa at Lost in a Story.

Last time on "Down the TBR Hole" episode 5, we finished going through books added to my To Read shelf on Goodreads on April 13, 2010, which left 1,690 on my To Read shelf. After some natural fluctuations (adding, removing, and reading), today it sits at 1,695. Hey, not too shabby!!

Let's get rolling, shall we? It looks like I went on another adding books binge on April 15,  2010 so the goal for this Down the TBR Hole post is to get through everything I added that day... almost 8 years ago. Haha!

Lavinia by Ursula K. LeGuin
This actually has not very good reviews, I think I'm going to release it into the wild.
Decision: Go

Last of the Amazons by Steven Pressfield
I appear to have been on an ancient Greece and Rome kick this day. It's not really a genre that interests me much anymore.
Decision: Go

Tides of War by Steven Pressfield
Same explanation as above, I guess!
Decision: Go

In the Night Garden (The Orphan's Tales #1) by Catherynne M. Valente
I've got a copy of this sitting on my To Read shelf in my room. This is supposed to be kind of a 1,001 Arabian Nights set up, where the girl is telling a bunch of interconnected short stories. Let me just say this book is HUGE. I'm up for the challenge, though.
Decision: Keep

The Unhandsome Prince by John Moore
It's a fairy tale retelling and those are my jam, but I'm actually just not feeling this one.
Decision: Go 

Ingo (Ingo #1) by Helen Dunmore
This one has been on the to read for so long, and I love mermaids so much, that I feel like if I was ever actually going to read this I'd have done it already.
Decision: Go

Goddess of the Sea (Goddess Summoning #1) by P.C. Cast
I think I might own most of the books in this series thanks to a shopping spree at Half Price Books many moons ago. Better keep this and actually, y'know, read it someday.
Decision: Keep

Bull God (Greek Myths #4) by Roberta Gellis
I have all 4 of this series on my list. Removing all but #1 and will add the next in the series if I like the first one after reading it.
Decision: Go

Enchanted Fire (Greek Myths #3) by Roberta Gellis
I have all 4 of this series on my list. Removing all but #1 and will add the next in the series if I like the first one after reading it.
Decision: Go

This Scepter'd Isle (Doubled Edge #1) by Mercedes Lackey & Roberta Gellis
I LOVE Mercedes Lackey, and haven't read anything by Roberta Gellis. Interested to see if I like this as much as some of the other Misty novels I've loved.
Decision: Keep


Well that's my 10 for the week, but let's keep going with the rest of this stuff added on April 15.

Keep:
Dazzling Brightness (Greek Myths #1) by Roberta Gellis
Rosemary and Rue (October Daye #1) by Seanan McGuire
Violet Eyes: A Retelling of The Princess and the Pea by Debbie Viguie
Spirited by Nancy Holder
Winter's Child: A Retelling of The Snow Queen by Cameron Dokey
Ice by Sarah Beth Durst
The Wild Orchid: A Retelling of The Ballad of Mulan by Cameron Dokey
The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
The Ivory and the Horn (Newford #3) by Charles de Lint
Cygnet (Cygnet #1-2) by Patricia A. McKillip
Elfland (Aetherial Tales #1) by Freda Warrington
Wolfskin (Saga of the Light Isles #1) by Juliet Marillier
Little (Grrl) Lost by Charles de Lint


Go:
Shimmering Splendor (Greek Myths #2) by Roberta Gellis
Thrice Bound (Greek Myths #5) by Roberta Gellis
Pay the Piper (A Rock 'n' Roll Fairy Tale #1) by Jane Yolen
Troll Bridge (A Rock 'n' Roll Fairy Tale #2) by Jane Yolen
The Armless Maiden: And Other Tales of Childhood Survivors edited by Terri Windling
The Midnight Dancers (A Fairy Tale Retold #4) by Regina Doman
Into the Wild (Into the Wild #1) by Sarah Beth Durst
The Dragon Prince: A Chinese Beauty and the Beast Tale by Laurence Yep
Birdwing by Rafe Martin
A Necklace of Rubies by Cindy Lynn Speer
Black Pearls: A Faerie Strand by Louise Hawes
The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories by Angela Carter
Tapping the Dream Tree (Newford #9) by Charles de Lint
The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue
Black Horses for the King by Anne McCaffrey
Bella at Midnight by Diane Stanley
The Arrow and the Lamp: The Story of Psyche by Margaret Hodges
Moonwise by Greer Gilman

Starting To Read Total: 1,695
Total Kept: 16
Total tossed down the TBR Hole: 25
New Total: 1,670

Yes, I added ALL of these books to my to read list in one day. Oy vey.

1 comment:

Elley the Book Otter is MOVING

Hello friends! I'm MOVING my blog from Blogger over to Wordpress. If you're following me via Bloglovin, you don't need to do a...